After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
A gun, any gun, a hammer, a bat...etc are all assault weapons. Aside from gun control we ought to look at behavior and dress control. It's pretty obvious from the Sandy Hook killer's looks and dress that something terrible was brewing. His hair looking like an umbrella, his shirt 5 sizes too big should have alerted everyone, most of all his mother, that something needed changing to help this kid's social awkwardness. If I'm not mistaken looks are still very important in seeing that teenagers cope with life being one. It may sound petty at first, but I think addressing his social awkwardness would have helped a great deal to improving his self-esteem and sociability. Certainly at big start...
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 6 hours ago