After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
A gun, any gun, a hammer, a bat...etc are all assault weapons. Aside from gun control we ought to look at behavior and dress control. It's pretty obvious from the Sandy Hook killer's looks and dress that something terrible was brewing. His hair looking like an umbrella, his shirt 5 sizes too big should have alerted everyone, most of all his mother, that something needed changing to help this kid's social awkwardness. If I'm not mistaken looks are still very important in seeing that teenagers cope with life being one. It may sound petty at first, but I think addressing his social awkwardness would have helped a great deal to improving his self-esteem and sociability. Certainly at big start...
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 22 mins ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago