For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
We can only hope that it is the last season paid by taxpayers, otherwise the gay community can support it forever to thrive or fail as everything else in the open market of competitiveness !!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago