For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
We can only hope that it is the last season paid by taxpayers, otherwise the gay community can support it forever to thrive or fail as everything else in the open market of competitiveness !!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago