For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
We can only hope that it is the last season paid by taxpayers, otherwise the gay community can support it forever to thrive or fail as everything else in the open market of competitiveness !!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago