For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
We can only hope that it is the last season paid by taxpayers, otherwise the gay community can support it forever to thrive or fail as everything else in the open market of competitiveness !!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 3 hours ago