For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
We can only hope that it is the last season paid by taxpayers, otherwise the gay community can support it forever to thrive or fail as everything else in the open market of competitiveness !!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 58 minutes ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago