For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
We can only hope that it is the last season paid by taxpayers, otherwise the gay community can support it forever to thrive or fail as everything else in the open market of competitiveness !!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 3 hours ago