For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
We can only hope that it is the last season paid by taxpayers, otherwise the gay community can support it forever to thrive or fail as everything else in the open market of competitiveness !!
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago