A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
In 2008, the rush to the finish line was all downhill. The American electorate and the sail-eared wonder sprinting toward the finish line as shouts of hallelujah and hope-and-change! filled the air around them. The first rushed coupling complete, the young lovers rolled to their backs and stared at the ceiling, contemplating their rosy future together. The finish of the 2012 campaign, a much different one. This time it's all uphill. The battle cry, 'Same Failed Policies', a dispirited mutter. AND that's with the MSM struggling mightily, doing everything humanly possible to deliver a win for team O. Grown men grouping each other and swapping spit in front of fast food restaurants. A sign of the times. Well done, libs. Well done.
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago