What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
Hats off to Chrysler (a company I have previously vowed to never patronize) for having the balls to air this all-American spot.
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 23 mins ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago