What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
Hats off to Chrysler (a company I have previously vowed to never patronize) for having the balls to air this all-American spot.
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago