The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
In truth the correct translation is Thou shall not murder. God is OK with killing for several reasons.
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago