This is tactics vs strategy and governance vs reform. While I hate the bill because it addresses none of the reforms we want, it takes distrctions like the 17% decrease in government operations threat off the table. it shows the GOP can govern. This will appeal to those hurt hard by ObamaCare that the GOP would be reasonable adults about replacing ObamaCare with something that might actually work. This budget deal undermines the media narrative that the GOP's days are behind them. Poll numbers provide hope that 2014 would be our chance to get some non neostatists in congress and get some leverage to end these abominations.
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 18 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 47 minutes ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago