This is tactics vs strategy and governance vs reform. While I hate the bill because it addresses none of the reforms we want, it takes distrctions like the 17% decrease in government operations threat off the table. it shows the GOP can govern. This will appeal to those hurt hard by ObamaCare that the GOP would be reasonable adults about replacing ObamaCare with something that might actually work. This budget deal undermines the media narrative that the GOP's days are behind them. Poll numbers provide hope that 2014 would be our chance to get some non neostatists in congress and get some leverage to end these abominations.
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 12 minutes ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago