This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Destrecht2 Wrote: 2 hours ago (8:50 PM) Kecharitomene: Full of Grace (Luke 1:28) It's a past perfect- one who has always been full of Grace. If you are full of grace you have no sin. ---- Your Koine fails you. It means an action that has been completed in the past, but does not imply that it was always that way. Your translation of the perfect past participle that way would make a hash of any Koine manuscript. If Matthew says "It is written...", does that mean that it was ALWAYS written, i.e., the parchment was born that way? How could Luke 2:52 say that Jesus increased in grace is not progressive? The word "full" does not belong - that comes from a faulty translation in the Vulgate. Have you formally studied NT Greek?
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago