First the good news: we can now peer ahead to the end of the third quarter of 2013 and see what is in store for the quarterly dividends of the S&P 500! The chart below reveals what we see in that future.
Taking the change in dividends over time as a good measure of the health of the U.S. economy, 2013 thus far appears to be destined for spectacularly lackluster growth, as dividends would seem to be set to stall out during the year, losing the momentum they've sustained since mid-2010.
Here, instead of increasing...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 10 hours ago