First the good news: we can now peer ahead to the end of the third quarter of 2013 and see what is in store for the quarterly dividends of the S&P 500! The chart below reveals what we see in that future.
Taking the change in dividends over time as a good measure of the health of the U.S. economy, 2013 thus far appears to be destined for spectacularly lackluster growth, as dividends would seem to be set to stall out during the year, losing the momentum they've sustained since mid-2010.
Here, instead of increasing...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago