Two states have legalized marijuana, with more to come. Yet social taboos against tobacco smoking make it nearly impossible to light up a cigarette in public places. Marijuana, like alcohol, causes far greater short-term impairment than does nicotine. But legal cigarette smoking is now seen as a corporate-sponsored, uncool and dirty habit that leads to long-term health costs for...
There will always be a plurality of opinion about morals. It's a free society (non sequitur). We should worry when we start to think the same. It only happens in climates of fear and oppression. ------ Of course - when all begin to think the same about morals, it would imply absolute truth and we can't allow truth to get its foot in the door, can we.
More than 500 people were murdered in Chicago last year. Yet Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel still found time to berate the fast food franchise Chick-fil-A for not sharing "Chicago values" -- apparently because its founder does not approve of gay marriage.
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 30 minutes ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago