$3 trillion taken from the productive to put to mostly unproductive use. Don't see any "good" in that news.
Sorry, but that is not good news.

The Government and Freedom

RichardsKY Wrote: Oct 16, 2014 8:45 AM
I noted that as well and you are 100% correct - those rights cannot be permanently surrendered, even willingly. I think the Judge just slipped on that one. He is ordinarily spot on with such things.

The Government and Freedom

RichardsKY Wrote: Oct 16, 2014 8:41 AM
We have too many lemmings in this country who are either completely unaware or who subscribe to the "no harm no foul" "I trust our dear leaders to watch over me" position.
It is just astounding to me that they seem to be using the whack-a-mole strategy for containing this disease. Is it easier to keep the genie in the bottle by letting it out first?
Some of the posts here blame the liberals for the CDC's current and previous blunders. The blame belongs to bureaucracy itself. Mr. Ludwig von Mises explains it very well in his 100-page book "Bureaucracy." Of course, it is the liberals who want more government (and therefore more bureaucracy), so I guess we can blame them after all.
I don't understand the argument against allowing people from west African into the U.S. Once the genie is out of the bottle, how do you put it back in? Isn't the better strategy to keep the genie in the bottle? I don't understand the insistence on treating new patients at local hospitals. Why treat the disease in [pick your number of] different locales when you could move all infected patients to one place? Which is more likely to contain the spread of the disease - having it restricted to one locale or allowing it to be present in multiple locales? I don't think you have to be an expert on infectious diseases to understand these concepts.

Where’s Obama on Ebola?

RichardsKY Wrote: Oct 15, 2014 8:18 AM

Don't 'Vote for the Candidate'

RichardsKY Wrote: Oct 14, 2014 9:15 AM
Any vote not cast is a vote against America.

Local or National Elections?

RichardsKY Wrote: Oct 14, 2014 8:58 AM
Agree completely.

Local or National Elections?

RichardsKY Wrote: Oct 14, 2014 8:58 AM
Take a look at HeritageActionScorecard.com. It scores votes on a scale from 0% to 100% conservative. The average score for Republican senators is 64% while the average score for Democrats is 3%. Don't talk to me about dimes. Go vote for the most conservative candidate that has a chance of winning. Every single Republican is closer to the Constitution than every single Democrat.