This was really simple for the Republicans. Here is the wording they needed to use. "I took an oath to defend the Constitution. Obama's actions are not Constitutional. Voting to fund those actions would be a violation of my oath. I will not do that. Period. Full stop."

McConnell's Gambit Solves Nothing

RichardsKY Wrote: Feb 24, 2015 1:28 PM
Good point. Here is the wording the GOP can use: "I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, and I believe Obama's Executive Amnesty is unconstitutional. If I voted to fund his actions I would be violating my oath. That I will not do."

McConnell's Gambit Solves Nothing

RichardsKY Wrote: Feb 24, 2015 1:19 PM
Eventually, you have to decide between retreating or taking a stand. The risk of taking a stand is that it could be fatal, but is it worse than eternal retreat? . I say "Man up!"

Giuliani Versus Obama

RichardsKY Wrote: Feb 24, 2015 8:07 AM
Well said, Ken.
No offense intended to you Ms. Pavlich - I like and respect your reporting and your opinions - but I absolutely despise your decision to highlight Mrs. Kyle's physical appearance in your headline. I have three daughters and this just puts the focus on the wrong thing.

Will the GOP Capitulate Again?

RichardsKY Wrote: Feb 20, 2015 8:33 AM
If a foreign country, China for instance, wants to manipulate its currency in order to make its products cheaper, why in the world would we say "no" to that? Let's buy what they are selling and invest the savings somewhere else. . Let's think about that $500 billion trade deficit and assess it for what it is. We got a net of $500 billion worth of goods and services. Foreign countries got 5 billion pictures of Benjamin Franklin. Who really comes out ahead in that exchange? . If we really and truly want to bring jobs back to the U.S., the best option would be to completely eliminate corporate income tax - not just set the tax rate to zero, but completely eliminate it. Imagine all of those photos of Ben coming back on shore in the form of investments.

Will the GOP Capitulate Again?

RichardsKY Wrote: Feb 20, 2015 8:25 AM
There are so many things wrong with Mr. Buchanon's article it is hard to find a place to begin.
"No religion is responsible for terrorism," the president proclaimed, "people are responsible for violence and terrorism." . Well, he said the other day that the Christian religion was responsible for the Inquisition and the Crusades. Did he just destroy his own argument? . On a different line of thought, isn't that the same argument most of us have been making when it comes to gun control?

The Case For Killing The Filibuster

RichardsKY Wrote: Feb 13, 2015 12:51 PM
Can't find the phrase "unlimited debate" in the Constitution.

The Case For Killing The Filibuster

RichardsKY Wrote: Feb 13, 2015 12:46 PM
The filibuster is NOT in the Constitution.