The cost of preparing your taxes could go up this year thanks to new IRS regulations.
Nearly 350,000 independent tax preparers and millions of American taxpayers will be affected by the agency's new unlawful licensing scheme. In addition to paying a yearly registration fee, tax preparers are now required to pass a competency exam, complete an unending string of continuing education courses, and could be subject to mandatory fingerprinting.
Enforcement of these new requirements is expected to cost upward of $354 million.
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 33 mins ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago