Lambs to the GMO Slaughter

Richarddg Wrote: 6 hours ago (8:52 PM)
Chuck I'm a conservative and I love you but I'm also a PhD molecular biologist and I see no problem with GMOs. Any new proteins --in fact old proteins-- any protein you eat gets digested anyway.
So many things wrong with Coulter's argument- everything she said about soccer could pretty much be applied to basketball. Whoever says soccer doesn't require skill or athleticism never played past the third grade. As far as the whiny fake-injuries go, that is an unfortunate part of the game enabled by the refs, and you see it far, far less at the high school level. Soccer is full-contact, and while you see fewer injuries than American football, the injuries that do happen are often more severe. Three of my teammates had long bones (one shin and two arms) snapped in *half* in a single season. But the main thing she doesn't get is why soccer is popular. It's not because of politics, or difficulty, or feminism, or anything external. It is popular because it is FUN. If you disagree, go back to playing a game where you smash your brain instead of using it.
Hawkins: "Let's face it: most of you would much rather read a clever column from me making fun of liberals than a column telling you what WE need to do differently." I must admit, this is true. But thanks for saying what we need to hear.

We Are Not ‘All God’s Children’

Richarddg Wrote: Feb 10, 2014 12:27 PM
Thanks Matthew492. I am also LDS. It is true that through the atonement and ordinances and covenants, we ARE adopted by both the Father and the Son. Christ becomes our adopted Father, for example, when we take upon ourselves His name. But, this does not negate that Heavenly Father is the father of all of our spirits and we lived with Him before we were born. So Matt Barber wasn't entirely wrong, but does not fully understand the total Fatherhood of God.

Uncle Sam Sucker Punched By Lois Lerner

Richarddg Wrote: Sep 25, 2013 2:23 PM
I've seen this so often, that I can no longer in good faith tell my kids to "respect cops."

Uncle Sam Sucker Punched By Lois Lerner

Richarddg Wrote: Sep 25, 2013 2:22 PM
Does anyone know if anyone can sue her?
The BSA does NOT allow homosexual activity. Just that if a kid has those feelings he can still be a member. From what I've read, this new Trail movement has EXACTLY the same policy. Feelings ok, activity not.

Obama's Syrian 'Red Line' -- Now What?

Richarddg Wrote: Sep 05, 2013 9:39 AM
Yesterday Obama said his credibility isn't on the line. He is absolutely right!!! He lost his credibility years ago.
I thought it was a joke from the start, and knew it was when it said Chuck Yeager's flight has left permanent turbulence. But I bet it fooled a lot of people.

Is Your Food Being 'Poisoned'?

Richarddg Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 7:42 PM
I am a diehhard conservative, and love Chuck, but I'm also a molecular biologist and I eat GMOs all the time and couldn't care less. In fact I think they are a godsend to help stave off starvation. When you eat the food, it is going to be digested anyway. Now, if you put a certain peanut protein into a food you might get peanut allergies, but besides that, I haven't heard of too many actual allergy cases from GMOs, only fears of them. Fears are fine but I think we've had quite a bit of experience with GMOs to at least make most of our fears go away.