We Are Not ‘All God’s Children’

Richarddg Wrote: Feb 10, 2014 12:27 PM
Thanks Matthew492. I am also LDS. It is true that through the atonement and ordinances and covenants, we ARE adopted by both the Father and the Son. Christ becomes our adopted Father, for example, when we take upon ourselves His name. But, this does not negate that Heavenly Father is the father of all of our spirits and we lived with Him before we were born. So Matt Barber wasn't entirely wrong, but does not fully understand the total Fatherhood of God.

Uncle Sam Sucker Punched By Lois Lerner

Richarddg Wrote: Sep 25, 2013 2:23 PM
I've seen this so often, that I can no longer in good faith tell my kids to "respect cops."

Uncle Sam Sucker Punched By Lois Lerner

Richarddg Wrote: Sep 25, 2013 2:22 PM
Does anyone know if anyone can sue her?
The BSA does NOT allow homosexual activity. Just that if a kid has those feelings he can still be a member. From what I've read, this new Trail movement has EXACTLY the same policy. Feelings ok, activity not.

Obama's Syrian 'Red Line' -- Now What?

Richarddg Wrote: Sep 05, 2013 9:39 AM
Yesterday Obama said his credibility isn't on the line. He is absolutely right!!! He lost his credibility years ago.
I thought it was a joke from the start, and knew it was when it said Chuck Yeager's flight has left permanent turbulence. But I bet it fooled a lot of people.

Is Your Food Being 'Poisoned'?

Richarddg Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 7:42 PM
I am a diehhard conservative, and love Chuck, but I'm also a molecular biologist and I eat GMOs all the time and couldn't care less. In fact I think they are a godsend to help stave off starvation. When you eat the food, it is going to be digested anyway. Now, if you put a certain peanut protein into a food you might get peanut allergies, but besides that, I haven't heard of too many actual allergy cases from GMOs, only fears of them. Fears are fine but I think we've had quite a bit of experience with GMOs to at least make most of our fears go away.

Is Your Food Being 'Poisoned'?

Richarddg Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 7:39 PM
Speaking of Roundup being safe, one of my best memories of my dad (passed away 3 weeks ago) is that when I was a little kid he spilled concentrated roundup on his sandwich. Figuring that Roundup targets a plant enzyme which we don't have, he went ahead and ate the sandwich.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Richarddg Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:15 PM
Brothers and Sisters, Ladies and Gentlemen, We now have 3041 comments, and I bet this is a Townhall record. But I have no way of knowing. It was fun participating, although at times there were some distinctly nonChrist-like and judgmental attitudes presented from both sides, attitudes that don't exactly conform to the Beattitudes. I was probably guilty to some extent. Although it was fun, I have a life too. So in spite of the great temptation, I will not be adding any more comments. There is no point. There probably has never been, but I couldn't help it. Christ did atone for all of our sins, without which we'd have no hope at all, and he did resurrect so that we all will too. I appreciate the deep pain Christ went through on my behalf. God did restore his gospel and priesthood through the prophet Joseph Smith, for which I am profoundly grateful. It has blessed my life immeasurably. Bye yall.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Richarddg Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:08 PM
Steve 2119, I don't know if you have read my inheritance analogy I've posted a few times. Salvation is an inheritance from God; not earned. Nothing we could ever do, no "works" can "earn" or "buy" salvation. But, that doesn't mean God just hands it out willy nilly. He gives it to those whose lives show they are prepared to receive it. Being prepared to receive means obedience to the best of one's ability to the commandments, and repentance when falling short as all do. This is NOT "earning" salvation. There are a lot of Bible scriptures about obedience, and I've already listed many of them multiple times. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 6:9-10). But repentance is possible: "And such were some of you, but we are washed, but ye are sanctified..." (verse 11). However, Paul never says they can pray a little prayer, accept Jesus as Savior, and then keep doing these things and still be saved. Repentance means stop doing these things. Romans 10:9 (confess with thy mouth) MUST be taken in context with the bigger picture of the New Testament. Using a few scriptures and ignoring the rest is not the way to read the Bible.