Sell the Individual-Mandate Delay

Richard976 Wrote: Sep 28, 2013 11:18 AM
Because I use government healthcare, let me tell you what to expect. My Doctor no longer can prescribe for me what I was getting. One man in D.C. tells him what he must prescribe. All Doctors are paid the same regardless of expertise and their salary is "less" than what your congressman makes. Need emergency help, wait for Wash. approval before my Doctor can proceed. Just hope it isn't life threatening or late on Friday as they won't be there until Monday. If approved, you wait your turn. I waited 4 months for cataract surgery and 6 months for a pain shot, even though I was bed ridden and couldn't walk. I also kept my private insurance so called my private carrier and got my pain shot the next morning. It's a disaster and needs to be repealed.

Sell the Individual-Mandate Delay

Richard976 Wrote: Sep 28, 2013 11:17 AM
My Doctor can no longer prescribe what I need or approve any operations I might need. Those decisions are made by one man in Wash D.C., who is not a Doctor. All Doctors are paid the same salary, regardless of their expertise. Guess what? The Doctors are paid "less" that what your local congressman gets paid. I waited 4 months to have cataract surgery and 6 months for a pain shot. I'm preexisting too and wheelchair bound. That's Obamacare.

Black Education Tragedy

Richard976 Wrote: Jul 10, 2013 2:15 PM
My daughter teaches at a 2 year college. One of her courses is teaching high school grads how to read to qualify for a 4 year college. Most grads read at the 3rd to 5th grade level. Last semester they had over 800 students. She teaches 3 to 5 classes of reading. She was just informed that Obamacare says she can only teach 2 classes. If 3 or more the college must provide her full healthcare benefits. She gets paid by the number of classes she teaches so her income now will drop. Thanks to Obama.
I have government healthcare. No longer can my Doctor prescribe for me. That is done by somebody in Washington. I am pre-existing and get treatment but the treatment is not the same. Instead of certain medicines i might get aspirin. If i have cancer, my treatment stops at age 76. If I need a operation, Washington decides if I get one, not my Doctor. My advice is "do not get sick" and if you do, plan on waiting to get your work done. I waited 6 months for cataract surgery and 6 months for a pain shot. I couldn't walk but that made no difference.

Oh, Yeah, the Economy

Richard976 Wrote: Jun 20, 2013 9:28 AM
My daughter, with a Masters degree, was hired to run a department in college. No government help, so it was eliminated. She was asked to to teach "reading" to high school graduates who couldn't qualify to attend college. It seems that high school grads can only read at the 3rd grade level. In her college alone over 800 registered last semester. She taught 3 to 5 classes of "reading" herself. Now, because of Obamacare, she is only allowed to teach 2 classes because the school will be forced to pay for insurance if she teaches more than 2 classes a semester. She is paid according to how many classes she teaches. Everybody loses here.
This is just one example of Obama's agenda. He wants to change America to Socialism and Communism, eliminating capitalism. I heard him say that when he spoke in Kansas but the media ignored it. He is a super salesman and liar. He reminds me of a seminar speaker selling products and promising everything if they bought. When asked if it really worked he said "no, but as long as they keep buying it, I'm going to keep selling it."

My Mom's Advice for America (Part 1)

Richard976 Wrote: May 07, 2013 8:53 AM
Another good article by Chuck, and very true. I too was a young boy during that time. In my opinion, we are no longer the country of opportunity. We now are the country of entitlements. It's very sad to me.

Terrorists and George W. Bush

Richard976 Wrote: Apr 23, 2013 9:30 AM
I'm sick and tired of the continuing blaming Bush for everything. Did he keep us safe after 9/11? It was never about him personally.. What he did he thought was best for the country. Obama does only what he thinks is best for him and the country be dammed. We'll never know about Ben Ghazi. It will always be "it's not important or what difference does it make?" Get ready for communism and socialism as it's coming.
I have a daughter who teaches "reading" at a 2 year college. This course is for kids who can't read at the high school level, even though they graduated. They need to read at a certain level to get into a 4 year college. Most high school graduates, in her class, read at the 5th grade level. This year her school has over 800 students taking the class. And, education is getting better? I don't think so.

The Pandora Box of Obamacare

Richard976 Wrote: Apr 01, 2013 10:19 AM
I'm a disabled veteran so automatically rely on government healthcare plus am pre-existing when it comes to treatment. Do I still get the same treatments I once got? NO! My Doctor no longer can prescribe what he feels I need. That is decided by one man or panel in Washington. That person or panel can decide aspirin is sufficient treatment instead of a prescription. Because of my age, I cannot depend on getting a operation if needed. That too is decided by a "non Doctor or panel" as well. Cancer treatment is cut off at age 76 regardless. So far, I've been lucky.