Now, a lot of people are surprised when I tell them that I, a conservative, am friends with a Democrat. It only surprises them further when I tell them that Representatives Rangel, Clyburn, and Meeks (between them, the better...
Well I agree with what you say up to a point. I have voted for democrats in the past. However, when they start insisting that Catholic organizations provide abortifacient and sterilization procedures, when they break bankruptcy law and deny creditors their legal rights, when they use the EPA to cripple our energy industries, appoint self proclaimed communists to 'tzar' positions, insult our closest allies, Britain and Israel, and on and on, and on then I have no desire to cooperate and/or associate with them. I Certainly will vote for them.
Friday night, I threw a party at one of my favorite places in Washington, the Monocle, celebrating the career of my friend, Congressman Edolphus Towns of New York and his wife of 50 years Gwen. The evening went perfectly, with hundreds of guests coming to honor this Member of Congress, many of them from New York and across the nation.
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago