Now, a lot of people are surprised when I tell them that I, a conservative, am friends with a Democrat. It only surprises them further when I tell them that Representatives Rangel, Clyburn, and Meeks (between them, the better...
Well I agree with what you say up to a point. I have voted for democrats in the past. However, when they start insisting that Catholic organizations provide abortifacient and sterilization procedures, when they break bankruptcy law and deny creditors their legal rights, when they use the EPA to cripple our energy industries, appoint self proclaimed communists to 'tzar' positions, insult our closest allies, Britain and Israel, and on and on, and on then I have no desire to cooperate and/or associate with them. I Certainly will vote for them.
Friday night, I threw a party at one of my favorite places in Washington, the Monocle, celebrating the career of my friend, Congressman Edolphus Towns of New York and his wife of 50 years Gwen. The evening went perfectly, with hundreds of guests coming to honor this Member of Congress, many of them from New York and across the nation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 5 hours ago