Now, a lot of people are surprised when I tell them that I, a conservative, am friends with a Democrat. It only surprises them further when I tell them that Representatives Rangel, Clyburn, and Meeks (between them, the better...
Well I agree with what you say up to a point. I have voted for democrats in the past. However, when they start insisting that Catholic organizations provide abortifacient and sterilization procedures, when they break bankruptcy law and deny creditors their legal rights, when they use the EPA to cripple our energy industries, appoint self proclaimed communists to 'tzar' positions, insult our closest allies, Britain and Israel, and on and on, and on then I have no desire to cooperate and/or associate with them. I Certainly will vote for them.
Friday night, I threw a party at one of my favorite places in Washington, the Monocle, celebrating the career of my friend, Congressman Edolphus Towns of New York and his wife of 50 years Gwen. The evening went perfectly, with hundreds of guests coming to honor this Member of Congress, many of them from New York and across the nation.
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 20 minutes ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago