Now, a lot of people are surprised when I tell them that I, a conservative, am friends with a Democrat. It only surprises them further when I tell them that Representatives Rangel, Clyburn, and Meeks (between them, the better...
Well I agree with what you say up to a point. I have voted for democrats in the past. However, when they start insisting that Catholic organizations provide abortifacient and sterilization procedures, when they break bankruptcy law and deny creditors their legal rights, when they use the EPA to cripple our energy industries, appoint self proclaimed communists to 'tzar' positions, insult our closest allies, Britain and Israel, and on and on, and on then I have no desire to cooperate and/or associate with them. I Certainly will vote for them.
Friday night, I threw a party at one of my favorite places in Washington, the Monocle, celebrating the career of my friend, Congressman Edolphus Towns of New York and his wife of 50 years Gwen. The evening went perfectly, with hundreds of guests coming to honor this Member of Congress, many of them from New York and across the nation.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago