Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Dems to Obama: Don’t stand so close to me Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Bowe Bergdahl returning to active duty this week Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago