Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago