New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
I can understand this comment as it comes from someone who emphasizes french fry and soda quotas as principle foci of governing. Bloomberg is apparently completely clueless about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I happen to value my life so I can pursue happiness and liberty. Someone trying to kill me is not conducive to this world view. A reasonable explanation of Bloomberg's blather is that he must view us as cattle, to be herded around, given what we need, and told not to get out of the pen. The concept of an individual wanting to protect his/her life, or the life of others is completely foreign to the french fry policeman. He just doesn't get it.
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago