The Romney campaign's new ad hitting President Obama on his administration's unilateral decision to lawlessly undermine key provisions of the 1996 bipartisan welfare reform act has Democrats up in arms. Liberal writers are denouncing the charge as racist (because, evidently, they automatically associate welfare programs with minorities), a Lefty fact-check organization has rated the ad "pants on fire" false, and former President Clinton released a statement calling Romney's assertions "not true." Let's ignore the predictable and unseemly race-baiting and discuss the latter two criticisms. Here's how Politifact defends its "
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago