SB 1476 is for rare cases, Leno argues, like that...
In response to:
What is the problem, for a child to be conceived it requires a male for the sperm and a female for the egg; in other words, heterosexual sexual activity or at least a turkey baster. All this law does is confuse the child and moves society further left where as Hillary Clinton said, "It takes a village to raise a child". Now being in California this will be an issue - what happens if a child is conceived in an orgy where the mother slept with more than a dozen men that night. Are they all parents of the child? What if they lived in a commun where there was free sex and a hundred men lived in the commun, are they all named fathers? When it comes to child support I can guarantee that the courts wlll rule that there is one Dad and he pays.
State Sen. Mark Leno wants California to recognize that a child can have "more than two legal parents." So he wrote a bill, SB 1476, which, he argues, wouldn't change the definition of a parent -- for example, live-in lovers would not qualify -- but would allow family court to recognize more than two parents only "when it is required to be in the best interest of the child." He stresses that if the bill becomes law, "none of our sponsors or supporters believe that this authority will be used very often."
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago