SB 1476 is for rare cases, Leno argues, like that...
In response to:
What is the problem, for a child to be conceived it requires a male for the sperm and a female for the egg; in other words, heterosexual sexual activity or at least a turkey baster. All this law does is confuse the child and moves society further left where as Hillary Clinton said, "It takes a village to raise a child". Now being in California this will be an issue - what happens if a child is conceived in an orgy where the mother slept with more than a dozen men that night. Are they all parents of the child? What if they lived in a commun where there was free sex and a hundred men lived in the commun, are they all named fathers? When it comes to child support I can guarantee that the courts wlll rule that there is one Dad and he pays.
State Sen. Mark Leno wants California to recognize that a child can have "more than two legal parents." So he wrote a bill, SB 1476, which, he argues, wouldn't change the definition of a parent -- for example, live-in lovers would not qualify -- but would allow family court to recognize more than two parents only "when it is required to be in the best interest of the child." He stresses that if the bill becomes law, "none of our sponsors or supporters believe that this authority will be used very often."
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 4 hours ago