Liberals, Stop Lying About Everything

Richard20 Wrote: Feb 23, 2015 10:53 AM
I worked on assembly lines when I was young and going to college. I am around them in church. I see them hire on as temporary labor, hoping to secure a full time position, but woefully inadequate for anything more than simple tasks and heavy labor. Not all, of course, but some, and at the temporary level; most. Perhaps I was vulgar (I prefer blunt) Joycey but it doesn't change the fact that a sizable portion of our society lack the cognitive function to attain anything other than entry level work. Pretty names do nothing to address the underlying truth.

Liberals, Stop Lying About Everything

Richard20 Wrote: Feb 23, 2015 10:11 AM
"We all know that your place in life is the result of your good and bad choices. The poor aren’t poor because the Koch brothers went and made them drop out of high school and focus on bong hits instead of calculus." There is another cause of poor that no one ever talks about: Stupid. There are some - and a great deal more than we are led to believe - that are simply incapable of acquiring the knowledge and skills needed for well paying work. They all hit the dole when the industrial base in this country collapsed, and there is no cure for them. These are the people that sat at the end of a line and packed boxes or stacked crates. They did the same mindless task over and over and were happy with that. I don't know what the answer is for these folks - I sure don't want to subsidize them - but you can't fix stupid and with the acceleration of information in our modern lives the prospects for these evolutionary failure is bleak.

(Lack Of) Truth And Consequences

Richard20 Wrote: Feb 15, 2015 8:24 AM
There's an article running on CNN Opinion right now (sans comments, of course) calling the disqualification of this team a raw deal and racially motivated. It seems the message from this quarter is "by all means necessary" because others cheat in life. It was sickening to read.

Resurrecting Supernaturalism

Richard20 Wrote: Feb 11, 2015 2:06 PM
I am wondering if the poster above was asking about self-awareness as opposed to internalized morality.

Stormy Weather and Politics

Richard20 Wrote: Feb 03, 2015 12:21 PM
It has never been about the science. The science was just a handy platform from which to build their redistribution schemes. It didn't hurt that a nice ancillary benefit was a look towards "green" energy. It was telling that when asked about the possibility of the theory being wrong, a leading climatologist responded we should pursue the agenda anyway for all the "good" it does in other areas.

Patient Thoughts

Richard20 Wrote: Feb 03, 2015 6:59 AM
Paul, you are a treasure. Read you every opportunity I get. I don't always agree, but the time is never misspent.

Conservatism Is Now Everywhere

Richard20 Wrote: Jan 29, 2015 7:13 AM
I see. Rail against those "pin heads" at home who want to see conservative politicians live up to their campaign promises. Belittle those who are howling because they actually believed the rhetoric that was piled on when the career politicos wanted our votes. "But, but, look how far we've come!" My friend, the election is over. The hometown conservatives don't care about the resume's now. They want the action they were promised. And if that makes them "pin heads" in your eyes then you are as bad as the elites that have been Grubering us for the past six years.

The Dark Urges Of Chris Kyle's Haters

Richard20 Wrote: Jan 23, 2015 6:44 AM
Kudos Mr. Davis. You said it better than I can.

Fans ask – “Is the NFL fixed?”

Richard20 Wrote: Jan 09, 2015 9:18 AM
You nailed it, sparcboy. The NFL is entertainment. I have resisted the notion that these games are rigged for years, but the number of "coincidences" leading to marketable games has my hinkey-meter jumping more and more all the time. I don't want to believe that corruption exists, but I have lived on this earth too long to be that naive.