The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
They will first regulate and proscribe ammunition purchases, then they will "encourage" citizens to give up their weapons. Then, with enough control, the state can seize the rest. We are a long way from that problem. Keep an eye on ammo availability, though.
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago