The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
They will first regulate and proscribe ammunition purchases, then they will "encourage" citizens to give up their weapons. Then, with enough control, the state can seize the rest. We are a long way from that problem. Keep an eye on ammo availability, though.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago