Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
The Repubs will cave, like the craven cowards they always are and taxes will go up. Revenue from the tax increase will, of course, be less than Obama's rosy estimates and he will again go on the rampage for yet higher taxes. This will happen.
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago