Muslim Brotherhood leader and Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi is scheduled to meet with President Obama sometime later this Spring. What's on his White House visit request list? Morsi wants Obama to free Omar Abdul Rahman, better known as the Blind Sheikh and the mastermind behind the 1993 World Trade Center attack.
The announcement follows his pledge, during his presidential campaign earlier this year, to free Omar Abdul Rahman. The preacher is currently serving a life sentence and the planned request for his release appears to be gesture, by Mursi, to Gama’a al-Islamiya, a Salafi group.
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago