Muslim Brotherhood leader and Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi is scheduled to meet with President Obama sometime later this Spring. What's on his White House visit request list? Morsi wants Obama to free Omar Abdul Rahman, better known as the Blind Sheikh and the mastermind behind the 1993 World Trade Center attack.
The announcement follows his pledge, during his presidential campaign earlier this year, to free Omar Abdul Rahman. The preacher is currently serving a life sentence and the planned request for his release appears to be gesture, by Mursi, to Gama’a al-Islamiya, a Salafi group.
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago