The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
Obama, who pledged to be the great uniter has stimulated all this hate - he is the great divider. He has declared war on religion, war on the coal industry, war on the oil industry, war on off-shore drilling, war on drilling on government owned land, war on women, war on straight people, ware on right-to-work states, war on states trying to police illegals, war on Capitalism, war on corporate jet owners, war on Las Vegas, war on the Keystone pipeline, war on the Federal budget, war on the Constitution, war on business, war on Congress, war on seniors, war on college students, war on the successful, war on the wealthy, war on the middle class, war on Chrysler bold holders, war on General Motors executives, war on Chrysler republican dealer
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 15 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 16 hours ago