The Gosh Darn Liberal wrote: Wow, what a week. Obama care passed and hopefully my insurance goes down. Maybe I should call it Romneycare and you people will look the other way. What a week! The weather has slapped most of you in the face and no "Global warming is a fraud" charges. Hope your enjoying your warm spell. What a week. Bin Laden is still dead and it still sticks in your craw. Happiness is a whiney conservative cut off at the knees. What a week! Housing prices are going up in my area. Ransom can stay in D.C. with...
Ransom wrote: "I don’t know about John Roberts being sly as a fox." Well, it depends on what the definition of the word "sly" is. It seems that over stepping ones Constitutional authority doesn't take much slyness at all, just intellectual laziness. What Roberts did was usurp congress' constitutional authority to make law by rewriting the law to make it constitutional. In order to do so Roberts had to redefine the word "penalty" to mean tax, rewrote the law substituting "tax" for penalty, then found the law constitutional because congress has the authority to levy taxes. Without the rewrite, the law would not have been constitutional because the government can't penalize a person for NOT participating in commerce.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago