The Gosh Darn Liberal wrote: Wow, what a week. Obama care passed and hopefully my insurance goes down. Maybe I should call it Romneycare and you people will look the other way. What a week! The weather has slapped most of you in the face and no "Global warming is a fraud" charges. Hope your enjoying your warm spell. What a week. Bin Laden is still dead and it still sticks in your craw. Happiness is a whiney conservative cut off at the knees. What a week! Housing prices are going up in my area. Ransom can stay in D.C. with...
Ransom wrote: "I don’t know about John Roberts being sly as a fox." Well, it depends on what the definition of the word "sly" is. It seems that over stepping ones Constitutional authority doesn't take much slyness at all, just intellectual laziness. What Roberts did was usurp congress' constitutional authority to make law by rewriting the law to make it constitutional. In order to do so Roberts had to redefine the word "penalty" to mean tax, rewrote the law substituting "tax" for penalty, then found the law constitutional because congress has the authority to levy taxes. Without the rewrite, the law would not have been constitutional because the government can't penalize a person for NOT participating in commerce.
- It’s come to this: Obama threatens to veto Republican bills that … require him to follow the law Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago