The IRS issued regulations last week announcing that the cheapest insurance plan under Obamacare will cost a family of five $20,000 per year by 2016. That estimate is based on choosing the plan offering the least benefits, the bronze plan. Government employees with their heavily subsidized healthcare and those who haven't been able to afford health insurance the last few years are in for a rude awakening when they realize how much health insurance for the private sector has increased over the last few years, especially due to Obamacare. Low-income Americans making barely over minimum wage are bitterly discovering how...
RChick, that is my big question, too. SCOTUS' decision was screwy, but they did,in fact, say it was a tax and not a penalty. I'm no expert in tax law by any remote means, but it seems to me that taxes and penalties are very different things and must have very different effects and consequences. I wonder if someone somewhere might be able to find out if someone's refusing to pay a tax (as SCOTUS has determined it is) because it is improperly branded a penalty might have some legal standing.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago