Last week, I appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." For the past few weeks, Morgan had been inviting gun rights defenders ranging from the reasonable to the nutty, and then slamming them by appealing to the memory of the children slain at Sandy Hook. And when I appeared with Morgan, that's precisely what I told him: "What you tend to do is you tend to demonize people who differ from you politically by standing on the graves of the children of Sandy Hook, saying they don't seem to care enough about the dead kids." Morgan could only stammer, "How dare...
What is it about the Left that makes them think heartstrings are better guides of public policy than rational thought? Sure, emotions of all kinds can serve as motivators to action, but when they drive the actions instead of realistic, objective thought, you get anarchy, unintended consequences, and lots more trouble.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 11 hours ago