Last week, I appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." For the past few weeks, Morgan had been inviting gun rights defenders ranging from the reasonable to the nutty, and then slamming them by appealing to the memory of the children slain at Sandy Hook. And when I appeared with Morgan, that's precisely what I told him: "What you tend to do is you tend to demonize people who differ from you politically by standing on the graves of the children of Sandy Hook, saying they don't seem to care enough about the dead kids." Morgan could only stammer, "How dare...
What is it about the Left that makes them think heartstrings are better guides of public policy than rational thought? Sure, emotions of all kinds can serve as motivators to action, but when they drive the actions instead of realistic, objective thought, you get anarchy, unintended consequences, and lots more trouble.
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago