Last week, I appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." For the past few weeks, Morgan had been inviting gun rights defenders ranging from the reasonable to the nutty, and then slamming them by appealing to the memory of the children slain at Sandy Hook. And when I appeared with Morgan, that's precisely what I told him: "What you tend to do is you tend to demonize people who differ from you politically by standing on the graves of the children of Sandy Hook, saying they don't seem to care enough about the dead kids." Morgan could only stammer, "How dare...
What is it about the Left that makes them think heartstrings are better guides of public policy than rational thought? Sure, emotions of all kinds can serve as motivators to action, but when they drive the actions instead of realistic, objective thought, you get anarchy, unintended consequences, and lots more trouble.
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago