But all of that came to a halt after a series of incidents in North Africa. The first was an attack on the U.S. embassy in Cairo -- a reaction, supposedly by vigilante types, to a new movie that allegedly insulted Muslim audiences, leading to the...
It's actually an echo of an appallingly vicious personal slam against Vice Presidential candidate Dan Quayle by Lloyd Bentsen. In that case, instead of Carter, it was John F. Kennedy. Quayle had responded to a question relative to his age and he just pointed out the Kennedy was quite young too when he took office, at which time Bentsen thundered out that personal slam. You can talk about someone's qualifications, but that was below the belt.
Sept. 11, 2012, seemed like it was going to be another solemn day to remember the events of Sept. 11, 2001 -- and, by pure coincidence, a day that Republican Mitt Romney was to take an endless parade of negative articles from top conservatives and Republicans blasting his namby-pamby campaign against Barack Obama.
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago