But all of that came to a halt after a series of incidents in North Africa. The first was an attack on the U.S. embassy in Cairo -- a reaction, supposedly by vigilante types, to a new movie that allegedly insulted Muslim audiences, leading to the...
It's actually an echo of an appallingly vicious personal slam against Vice Presidential candidate Dan Quayle by Lloyd Bentsen. In that case, instead of Carter, it was John F. Kennedy. Quayle had responded to a question relative to his age and he just pointed out the Kennedy was quite young too when he took office, at which time Bentsen thundered out that personal slam. You can talk about someone's qualifications, but that was below the belt.
Sept. 11, 2012, seemed like it was going to be another solemn day to remember the events of Sept. 11, 2001 -- and, by pure coincidence, a day that Republican Mitt Romney was to take an endless parade of negative articles from top conservatives and Republicans blasting his namby-pamby campaign against Barack Obama.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 10 hours ago