(This is an updated version of something I posted about ten hours ago near the beginning of this thread.) A question that has been asked of others, though not me (yet) is, how could you tell a woman who has suffered the trauma of rape and gotten pregnant that she'll have to carry the reminder of her assault for nine months and eventually give birth to it? There is but one answer, and it is an exceedingly difficult one. I once saw a forensic-crime show describing a case where a woman was raped, got pregnant, and became HIV-positive to boot. As I watched, I tried to imagine what it would be like to have to tell her she could not abort the child (in fact, she did). It was an awful feeling, but an inescapbable one.
Most of my columns are meant to expose the hypocrisy of self-described liberals who have taken over our institutions of higher learning. However, on some occasions, I attempt to address misguided thinking among self-described conservatives. An example is my recent column “Romney and the Rapist,” which was described by many readers as either “weird” or “convoluted” or both. Those descriptions are indeed accurate and reflect the intention behind the controversial essay. It was my intention to write a column that would identify absurd arguments as a means of drawing out the flawed reasoning of those who would support Romney’s proposed rape...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago