(This is an updated version of something I posted about ten hours ago near the beginning of this thread.) A question that has been asked of others, though not me (yet) is, how could you tell a woman who has suffered the trauma of rape and gotten pregnant that she'll have to carry the reminder of her assault for nine months and eventually give birth to it? There is but one answer, and it is an exceedingly difficult one. I once saw a forensic-crime show describing a case where a woman was raped, got pregnant, and became HIV-positive to boot. As I watched, I tried to imagine what it would be like to have to tell her she could not abort the child (in fact, she did). It was an awful feeling, but an inescapbable one.
Most of my columns are meant to expose the hypocrisy of self-described liberals who have taken over our institutions of higher learning. However, on some occasions, I attempt to address misguided thinking among self-described conservatives. An example is my recent column “Romney and the Rapist,” which was described by many readers as either “weird” or “convoluted” or both. Those descriptions are indeed accurate and reflect the intention behind the controversial essay. It was my intention to write a column that would identify absurd arguments as a means of drawing out the flawed reasoning of those who would support Romney’s proposed rape...
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 22 mins ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago