(This is an updated version of something I posted about ten hours ago near the beginning of this thread.) A question that has been asked of others, though not me (yet) is, how could you tell a woman who has suffered the trauma of rape and gotten pregnant that she'll have to carry the reminder of her assault for nine months and eventually give birth to it? There is but one answer, and it is an exceedingly difficult one. I once saw a forensic-crime show describing a case where a woman was raped, got pregnant, and became HIV-positive to boot. As I watched, I tried to imagine what it would be like to have to tell her she could not abort the child (in fact, she did). It was an awful feeling, but an inescapbable one.
Most of my columns are meant to expose the hypocrisy of self-described liberals who have taken over our institutions of higher learning. However, on some occasions, I attempt to address misguided thinking among self-described conservatives. An example is my recent column “Romney and the Rapist,” which was described by many readers as either “weird” or “convoluted” or both. Those descriptions are indeed accurate and reflect the intention behind the controversial essay. It was my intention to write a column that would identify absurd arguments as a means of drawing out the flawed reasoning of those who would support Romney’s proposed rape...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago