WASHINGTON -- A couple of weeks ago, I elaborated on how Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had at the time failed for three straight years to write up a budget in the Senate, thereby breaking the law three -- now four -- years running. I said that he should write up a budget in part to inform the citizenry how their tax dollars were being spent. How much was going to the Pentagon and our nation's security? How much was going into green fantasies like Solyndra and payoffs to the Democratic Party's friends. That would be friendly fascism, the left's...
This is a very good question, one I've wondered about for some time. If you or I miss a deadline, such as filing our income taxes, we get penalized. The law says, do this, and if you don't do this, you will suffer, somehow. Reid and the Senate have missed a lawful deadline, too. If we have to pay penalties for our failures to comply with the law in a timely fashion, there's no excuse for TPTB in the legislature to have it any different.
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago