WASHINGTON -- A couple of weeks ago, I elaborated on how Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had at the time failed for three straight years to write up a budget in the Senate, thereby breaking the law three -- now four -- years running. I said that he should write up a budget in part to inform the citizenry how their tax dollars were being spent. How much was going to the Pentagon and our nation's security? How much was going into green fantasies like Solyndra and payoffs to the Democratic Party's friends. That would be friendly fascism, the left's...
This is a very good question, one I've wondered about for some time. If you or I miss a deadline, such as filing our income taxes, we get penalized. The law says, do this, and if you don't do this, you will suffer, somehow. Reid and the Senate have missed a lawful deadline, too. If we have to pay penalties for our failures to comply with the law in a timely fashion, there's no excuse for TPTB in the legislature to have it any different.
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago