WASHINGTON -- A couple of weeks ago, I elaborated on how Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had at the time failed for three straight years to write up a budget in the Senate, thereby breaking the law three -- now four -- years running. I said that he should write up a budget in part to inform the citizenry how their tax dollars were being spent. How much was going to the Pentagon and our nation's security? How much was going into green fantasies like Solyndra and payoffs to the Democratic Party's friends. That would be friendly fascism, the left's...
This is a very good question, one I've wondered about for some time. If you or I miss a deadline, such as filing our income taxes, we get penalized. The law says, do this, and if you don't do this, you will suffer, somehow. Reid and the Senate have missed a lawful deadline, too. If we have to pay penalties for our failures to comply with the law in a timely fashion, there's no excuse for TPTB in the legislature to have it any different.
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 4 hours ago