This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
An attitude for which Christians need be prepared to give answer to the hope that lies within... with gentleness and respect as well. It also speaks to the larger population whose animosity and disdain of Christians grows daily. Humility is appropriate as we are flailed against. I would expect no less from an unspiritually minded person as well as those brothers and sisters in Christ who are weak or misunderstanding of the faith we hold dear. Live life in the Spirit and the Spirit will live His life in you. Then maybe, through the Spirit's work, the Good News can come to those whom God is calling.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago