What if the government regards the Constitution as merely a guideline to be referred to from time to time, or a myth to be foisted upon the voters,...
In January I wrote to my congressman the following message: Letter to Congressman Joe Heck 1-20-2012 With all the underhanded and unconstitutional things this president is pulling, how come nothing is being done about it? Sure, I get letters from you and others saying that I am right and the president shouldn't be doing this or that but nobody is doing anything about it! It seems to me that the oath of office "to defend and uphold the constitution" is sacred. Since he has ignored and bypassed that document every chance he's gotten wouldn't that be perjury? I think it's treason! Is the president above the law? Why hasn't congress started impeachment proceedings against him? He is destroying this country and nothing is done about it!!
What if the government never took the Constitution seriously? What if the same generation -- in some cases the same human beings -- that wrote in the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech," also enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts, which made it a crime to criticize the government? What if the feds don't regard the Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land?
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 47 minutes ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 4 hours ago