I don't know about anyone else but when I was working and contributing my share into social insecurity I thought it was a good deal. I also believed, as millions of others, that the social security fund was separate from the general fund. I am now 76 and collecting social security checks. Without these checks I would be homeless and a burden on society as I have no other income. Can't get a job (who would hire a 76 year old?) as all the jobs are being taken by the young and energetic, Besides, it's an employers market out there thanks to Obummercare. So while I think that social security should be revamped I will still be looking forward to my checks. I'm between a rock and a hard place. Anybody else out there in the same category?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014