The CAP plan would eliminate deductions, close loopholes raise rates, implement new taxes, increase sales taxes, create new taxes... basically every form of a tax hike you can think of, all implemented on households with income above...
And all the while we hear that it's the Republicans who are for the "rich".
Last week, the progressive think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) released their tax reform plan [pdf], supported by prominent left-wing budgeters and economists like Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers. The net effect of this tax reform plan is a massive tax hike on "the rich" in order to fall far, far short of the revenue necessary to eliminate America's deficit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 17 hours ago