It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Actually I think they're only one person with a whole bunch of screen names to try to make us think that theirs is popular opinion. You can see through it just like a glass window.
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 44 mins ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago