Sorry, but whenever I hear or read a phrase like "we must work together for a brighter future," I can't help hearing in my mind the implied next statement, which is something like: "and you are going to work with us and support us whether you want to or not!" Who the hell is this WE that they are talking to and about? Hey, government, social engineers and politicians, listen up! The brighter future comes about when you guys simply LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE to pursue their own happiness their own way. And, if some people are not interested in "working together" or footing the bill for your grand ideas, that is their business and their right.
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 17 hours ago