Of all the columnists on TH, Star is the one who most makes me want to sit down and weep. She is a beautiful person who cares deeply for her people and knows what they need to do. But her wisdom is rare among blacks in America. In general, they have become so conditioned to life on the plantation that progressive politicians have built for them that it is virtually impossible for them to grasp what she is saying. Even those who do start to see the destructiveness of progressive politics are fearful of reprisal if they question them. In my years with a large retirement services company, I saw more than once the young person starting out a retirement savings program with a few dollars per paycheck, with their first question being: how can I get my money out when I want to buy a car. With way too many people, there is simply no concept of what long-term savings means. No schools are teaching it.
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 31 minutes ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 3 hours ago