What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
Well, of course, he was a Republican.
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 50 mins ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago