What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
Well, of course, he was a Republican.
- Russian tennis official suspended for calling Williams sisters “brothers” Jazz Shaw 36 mins ago
- Is the Ebola outbreak receding? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hitching Post Wedding Chapel ordered to perform same sex marriages Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago