During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
Jerry 555, as usual, retorts with a solid, intelligent, fact based response.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 9 hours ago