After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
How exactly would the left have fixed it during a Republican administration. Brooksley Born tried desperately to open up the Fed to shine a light on the dark and inintelligle transactions that were going on and she was not only ignored by Bush's love interest Friedman, but she was fired for trying to fix it. Do a little reading, look it up.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 21 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 21 hours ago