After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
How exactly would the left have fixed it during a Republican administration. Brooksley Born tried desperately to open up the Fed to shine a light on the dark and inintelligle transactions that were going on and she was not only ignored by Bush's love interest Friedman, but she was fired for trying to fix it. Do a little reading, look it up.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago