After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
How exactly would the left have fixed it during a Republican administration. Brooksley Born tried desperately to open up the Fed to shine a light on the dark and inintelligle transactions that were going on and she was not only ignored by Bush's love interest Friedman, but she was fired for trying to fix it. Do a little reading, look it up.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago