Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) announced Thursday that he will not run for reelection next year, giving Republicans at least a shot of picking up another seat. The 78-year-old Armed Services Committee chairman, one of the most influential members of the Senate in either party, said he will work aggressively during his final two years in Congress...The longest-serving senator in Michigan history spent months getting pressure to announce his intention,...
In response to:
Let the Republicans concentrate in trying to make grounds in the Senate, in the meantime they are losing the House!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 12 hours ago