Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) announced Thursday that he will not run for reelection next year, giving Republicans at least a shot of picking up another seat. The 78-year-old Armed Services Committee chairman, one of the most influential members of the Senate in either party, said he will work aggressively during his final two years in Congress...The longest-serving senator in Michigan history spent months getting pressure to announce his intention,...
In response to:
Let the Republicans concentrate in trying to make grounds in the Senate, in the meantime they are losing the House!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 15 hours ago