Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) announced Thursday that he will not run for reelection next year, giving Republicans at least a shot of picking up another seat. The 78-year-old Armed Services Committee chairman, one of the most influential members of the Senate in either party, said he will work aggressively during his final two years in Congress...The longest-serving senator in Michigan history spent months getting pressure to announce his intention,...
In response to:
Let the Republicans concentrate in trying to make grounds in the Senate, in the meantime they are losing the House!
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014