One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
If Barack Obama and his supporters couldn't lie - they would have NOTHING to say, as illustrated by Barack Obama at the Presidential debate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 5 hours ago