Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
One thing is certain about Ron Paul - what he votes against and what HE DOES are two different things. Ron Paul was King of Pork Barrel spending among Republicans Representatives in Texas. Ron Paul uses the same logic as someone watching looting during a riot and decides - everything will be stolen any way - I might as well get mine. Ron Paul is a hypocrite.
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 41 minutes ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 1 hour ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 2 hours ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago