Was that Ronald Reagan in 1980, evangelizing for smaller, less-intrusive government as he campaigned against Jimmy Carter? Was it Barry Goldwater, echoing a theme from The Conscience...
LBJ took an action of several thousand ADVISERS in Vietnam and escalated it into 500,000 with over 50k DEAD on that wall. NOT Nixon or JFK. JFK specifically wanted the A-teams to do the job of training and organizing the ARVN guys into a modern army but was hampered by the most corrupt government this side of Mexico. Ray
"GOVERNMENT HAS BECOME so vast and impersonal," the presidential challenger asserted, "that its interests diverge more and more from the interests of ordinary citizens. For a generation and more, the government has sought to meet our needs by multiplying its bureaucracy. Washington has taken too much in taxes from Main Street, and Main Street has received too little in return. It is not necessary to centralize power in order to solve our problems."
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 34 mins ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago