"Parents and guardians frantically sought last-minute child care, pleaded with their bosses for leniency, and hoped that their kids would return to school sooner rather than later," reported the Chicago...
First of all, all school terms are 10 months, not 9, and if teachers were making six figures, they wouldn't such a hard time finding people to teach in these schools. Jealous much? WHy aren't you complaining about what the administrators (school or otherwise) and govt bureaucrats make for sitting comfortably at a desk. They don't have to break up fights, get cursed at and verbally abused by the thuggees.
The true long-term impact of the Chicago teachers strike may be not be known for some time. But there is no mystery about its impact in the immediate term -- anxiety, panic, and disruption for myriad mothers and fathers left in the lurch when 30,000 members of the Chicago Teachers Union walked away from their classrooms last week just as a new school year was getting underway.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago