There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
It's not that voter fraud happens on both sides of the political spectrum, it's that the Democrat party is SO GOOD AT IT!! Like the foreign online political contribution issue, if one party wants more money from uncertain/illegal sources then simply turn off the credit card verification software. In fact, send the foreign contributor emails requesting even greater amounts. In the voter fraud case just have sympathetic election supervisors monitoring and counting votes. They'll overlook electioneering within the voting area, ignore people if they show up more than once, and, oh, by the way, make sure that some machines change the voters' choice prior to verifying their selection...if they don't catch the switch - too bad!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago