There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
It's not that voter fraud happens on both sides of the political spectrum, it's that the Democrat party is SO GOOD AT IT!! Like the foreign online political contribution issue, if one party wants more money from uncertain/illegal sources then simply turn off the credit card verification software. In fact, send the foreign contributor emails requesting even greater amounts. In the voter fraud case just have sympathetic election supervisors monitoring and counting votes. They'll overlook electioneering within the voting area, ignore people if they show up more than once, and, oh, by the way, make sure that some machines change the voters' choice prior to verifying their selection...if they don't catch the switch - too bad!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 4 hours ago