Dr. Williams, I've been saying all of this for about four decades.
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago