Dr. Williams, I've been saying all of this for about four decades.
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 9 hours ago