- if they ever had one.
When a weak fish is floundering in the water (or the White House) the sharks will be circling.

Tyrants and Human Nature

retchemprof Wrote: Jul 18, 2012 7:31 AM
LD, you're on a roll.

Tyrants and Human Nature

retchemprof Wrote: Jul 18, 2012 7:26 AM
LD, you found a few of them this morning.

All-Time All-Stars

retchemprof Wrote: Jul 10, 2012 1:58 PM
The catch with RBI, though, is that it is not wholly a measure of the individual. It is at least in part a function of the team(s) the hitter has played on and where he has batted in the lineup (of course the manager is alsp going to put the best hitters in position to drive in runs - usually third or cleanup). One of today's examples would be whoever bats one or two slots after Kevin Youkilis. Over the course of a season that person has higher odds for RBI's because Youkilis is well known for his on-base average and obviously for any hit other than a home run there must be someone on base in order for there to be an RBI. But also, teams with better players in general afford everyone better RBI opportunities.

A Political Glossary: Part III

retchemprof Wrote: Jun 28, 2012 8:34 AM
A Connecticut city has just turned over administration of one of its high schools to CEA/NEA, i.e., the teachers’ union, and a curriculum overhaul is under way. Part of the new “theme” of the school will be “Social Justice”.

Too Much College

retchemprof Wrote: Jun 27, 2012 7:07 AM
Dr. Williams, I've been saying all of this for about four decades.

I Hate Mike Adams

retchemprof Wrote: Jun 08, 2012 10:41 AM
Hey! Give me a break! I’m 76 next month. My formerly 32 – inch vertical leap has dwindled by about 28 inches. Can barely touch the net. I have rotator cuff issues in both shoulders, so I have to stand on the ground in a ghillie suit with a damned heavy crossbow. And to top it all off two young roosters have overthrown the former boss and the hens don’t know who’s in charge. They’ve stopped laying in nests and eggs are everywhere. That’s all bad enough but now I’m to be assaulted by professor-haters? Probably had “F” experiences.

I Hate Mike Adams

retchemprof Wrote: Jun 08, 2012 7:43 AM
$5 is all I can go.

I Hate Mike Adams

retchemprof Wrote: Jun 08, 2012 7:13 AM
How much is the t-shirt for a Libertarian, Mike? I’ll wear it under my guillie suit in the deer woods this fall. Retired Prof

Good Economists