Experts Aren't Deities

retchemprof Wrote: Jan 23, 2013 5:26 PM
re Pauling - When I am coming down with a cold, I double my regular daily intake of 1000 mg ester-C by taking another before bed. I add to that a 50 mg tablet of zinc gluconate (but any other Zn tablet would have the same effect) morning and night. I have not had a cold that lasted more than about three days in years - and they have always been very mild. It's probably psychosomatic.
I have written emails with almost your exact remarks - and more - to our CT legislators, Fred.
Georgia boy, it’s now 7:12 AM. I hope you are peacefully sleeping it off.

Bankrupt State University

retchemprof Wrote: Nov 29, 2012 7:35 AM
As a consequence of multiple observations from afar, my alma mater ceased receiving money from this alum several years ago.

Jensen and Flynn

retchemprof Wrote: Nov 27, 2012 11:33 AM
I.Q. is a highly overrated concept. I have proven that for myself, i.e., to my own satisfaction. Maybe someday I'll tell you about it. The most important key to thinking/learning is thought representation modality. I have done many tests of that idea on students and am certain that their success in a given subject is governed by the means by which they represent thought to themselves. If they are taught the proper modality (which I have done for chemistry students) they suddenly learn the subject easily. If they do not initially represent thought properly for chemistry, and do not learn how, they usually either fail or simply do poorly and eventually gravitate toward something that fits their more favored thought modalities.

Don't Blame Romney

retchemprof Wrote: Nov 08, 2012 6:59 AM
Christie certainly was, um ... unhelpful.

Of Mitts and Muslims

retchemprof Wrote: Sep 17, 2012 2:29 PM
Not "felled" swoop. All my pretty ones? Did you say all? O hell-kite! All? What, all my pretty chickens and their dam At one fell swoop? Shakespeare, MacBeth

Obama's Dreams

retchemprof Wrote: Sep 04, 2012 7:06 AM
LD, As always, your inspirational commentary will carry me through the day.
Those of us 25 years beyond the age of 50 know and love it. You kids think every part of the vernacular was invented by your generation.
What does matter, and what keeps the political class in the position they hold in society, is the capacity to distribute the money gathered by the IRS. Read the FairTax book and find out why what may seem, to the uninformed, unrelated to many of our problems is actually the solution to almost all of them – and why the pols of both parties either try to ignore or attempt to dismiss it.
- if they ever had one.