The IRS issued regulations last week announcing that the cheapest insurance plan under Obamacare will cost a family of five $20,000 per year by 2016. That estimate is based on choosing the plan offering the least benefits, the bronze plan. Government employees with their heavily subsidized healthcare and those who haven't been able to afford health insurance the last few years are in for a rude awakening when they realize how much health insurance for the private sector has increased over the last few years, especially due to Obamacare. Low-income Americans making barely over minimum wage are bitterly discovering how...
"This is evidence that private insurance alternatives to Obamacare coverage are not going to be any cheaper." This a false and misleading assumption. If insurance companies were allowed to sell insurance across state lines, and were allowed to develope policies that people actually want, then rates would have come down. I'm 46, healthy, thin, and have no chronic illnesses or worn out body parts. I need only a catostrophic policy but even before ObamaCareFailure, I could not buy such a policy because state level democrats have required mandate after mandate for coverages the vast majority of Americans do not need. So instead of having need based products all products were madated to have more and more useless bells and whistles.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago