The IRS issued regulations last week announcing that the cheapest insurance plan under Obamacare will cost a family of five $20,000 per year by 2016. That estimate is based on choosing the plan offering the least benefits, the bronze plan. Government employees with their heavily subsidized healthcare and those who haven't been able to afford health insurance the last few years are in for a rude awakening when they realize how much health insurance for the private sector has increased over the last few years, especially due to Obamacare. Low-income Americans making barely over minimum wage are bitterly discovering how...
"This is evidence that private insurance alternatives to Obamacare coverage are not going to be any cheaper." This a false and misleading assumption. If insurance companies were allowed to sell insurance across state lines, and were allowed to develope policies that people actually want, then rates would have come down. I'm 46, healthy, thin, and have no chronic illnesses or worn out body parts. I need only a catostrophic policy but even before ObamaCareFailure, I could not buy such a policy because state level democrats have required mandate after mandate for coverages the vast majority of Americans do not need. So instead of having need based products all products were madated to have more and more useless bells and whistles.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago